Tuesday, August 4, 2009

summer fun

So...
Diane and I went to Oceanside.
We went to kayak!
It is such a fun thing to do.
The day was gorgeous....
the weather was warm,
being on the water was refreshing!
We were in the marina
and

by the floating bait store
(yeah it's a dock that's a bait store)
there were many, many pelicans
and
also some sea gulls
and
the best part...
the three seals!
They were bobbing around in the water,
flipping on their backs,
diving and just having fun.
While watching...
one of the seals emerged
about 3 feet
yes 1 yard!
from my kayak!!!
Then I was worried...
would he pop up under my kayak
and
tip me over????
Well of course the seal didn't.
but....
We had so much fun.
I
love
to kayak!
(who knew it was so much fun?)

2 comments:

rockkinrobbins said...

That sounds so much fun! We did that in catalina, it was a blast! I am glad you guys were able to spend quality time together. Miss seeing you!

Our Sunny SoCal Life said...

What fun! I love to kayak too!