Sunday, December 6, 2009

O Christmas Tree

Jim usually buys a small tree for his parents
every year for Christmas.
But...
with Lorraine in the middle of radiation we thought an
artificial tree would probably be a better solution.
I looked and looked and found a small (4 1/2 feet) tree.
The display really looked nice, but seemed a little pricey.
It went on sale and so we bought it.
Today, we took it to their house and took it out of the box.
It wasn't hard to assemble (hinged branches).
Then I looked at it and my heart sank...
This did NOT look like the display tree in the store.
We have NEVER had an artificial tree so this was something new.
As I stared at the tree longer, I realized that it just needed a little fluffing.
After all, it had been in a box for who knows how long.
So with a few pulls and pushes and twists and fluffs...
voila'
We beheld a beautiful tabletop tree.
Well, that meant we needed to decorate it and so we did!
It turned out even better than I expected it.
And ...
Lorraine loved it!

2 comments:

Teenage Librarian said...

Glad that it turned out nicely and that Lorraine loved it! :)

The Great Mutato said...

Your back telling stories. I missed them.