Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Oh My Eye!!!

So you know, Christmas is over.
I have to work on New Years Day.
(no big deal, really)
The game plan was to take down the tree and decorations TODAY.
Got off to a really good start.
Tree stripped down, banister returned to normalcy.
Lights down, cards down, nativities back in boxes.
Time to take the tree out of the stand
(Yes of course it's a REAL tree)
Hubby on the floor unscrewing screws.
Me, holding tree upright (well TRYING to hold tree).
Me "I think it's ready, pull it out"
Hubby "I don't think so but okay"
Anything to keep me happy, right?
So, he stands up to pull tree out of stand.
I go to floor to hold stand down.
Branch on tree pokes me in the EYE!!!
Yes, IT HURTS...
but I am okay.
Pretty huh!?
HAPPY NEW YEAR

2 comments:

heidi said...

ouch!

Happy New Year...in about 2 1/2 hours!

delaney said...

wow!! That has gotta hurt!! Well good thing you got all your decorations down!! Happy New Year!!