Sunday, June 7, 2009

And it was just the beginning of the day...

So Monday after nearly incapacitating myself....
Diane emerges from her room 90 minutes later
I hate my bank!
My ATM card won't work
AGAIN!!!!
I'm going to go in and close my account and open one
somewhere, ANYWHERE else.
Then she looks at me,
"Are you Okay?"
I burst into tears and relate my story.
After hugs and consoling...
she leaves for the bank
"I've got to get gas money, my truck's on empty
and the ATM won't work!"
Sorry I can't come with you for support but I'm JACKED UP!
20 minutes later she returns home...
she's nearly
hysterical
"The bank says they've frozen my account.
Someone is SUING me!!!"
She's holding a card the bank wrote a name,
phone number and case number.
WHAT...
Apparently, there is someone in
New York with her same name. The New Yorker is being sued.
And... she banks at our bank!
Unfortunately,
care wasn't exercised
and they froze whatever came up with her name.
That is why her ATM card wouldn't work.
After phone calls and bank visits and more phone calls
we are hoping
(Fingers crossed!)
things will be better this Monday night,
Tuesday at the latest.
***
Mondays,
watch out for Mondays!

1 comment:

heidi said...

how crazy! that is the kind of stuff good blogs are made up of...keep blogging!