Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Dad and My Mom

My dad was born in Emery, Utah.
(Oh yeah, A Utah farm boy)
My mom on the other hand
was born in Venice, California.
(A big time city girl.)
My dads dad died young of black lung.
(yes, he was a miner)
My mom was an only child.
( she was raised very adult)
Dads family moved to California.
( dad and his older brother worked to help out their mom)
(there were 3 younger kids to care for)
Moms dad was an engineer and they moved a lot.
( He came from Ireland and traveled the world)
And yet somehow, beyond comprehension...
They met
and dad wooed mom...
and wooed her
and wooed her.
(These stubborn Utah farm boys)
And they fell in
LOVE...
And I love them for that!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love learning about your background! I'm glad my parents fell in love too!

ali said...

what a fun forum to record a piece of history. cute love story!

Heather said...

Hey Shawna! It's Heather Hales. That is crazy that your dad was born in Emery. I grew up in Price! Excited to see you have a blog.