Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nov. 20, 1980-I am a mother!

Happy birthday to my son!
I remember Wednesday the 19th of November.
I was sad that my due date of the 17th
had come and gone.
We went out to eat with Jim's bro and his wife.
We went to Hamburger Hamlet in Costa Mesa.
YUM
When we got home @ 9pm I felt a little twinge!
5 minutes later there was another and then another!
Every 5 minutes for 2 hours the twinges came.
So, following the doctor's instructions,
at 11:30 pm we headed to the hospital.
Walking into the ER the nurse is like "what's wrong?"
I said the baby is coming my contractions have been
5 minutes apart for over 2 hours!
She LAUGHED at us,
said it was braxten hicks
and said come back in a week.:(
That is so hard to hear.
I knew the contractions weren't hard,
but....
they were consistent.
Jim drove me home and I cried.
The contractions lasted all night.
At 8am Thursday November 20th,
I called the doctor
" Now my contractions are 3 minutes apart,
they are stronger and steady.
The nurse told me to return in a week..."
He told me "GET TO THE HOSPITAL!!!"
Because it was the 80's
of course, I went au natural!
And happily at 1:15pm my beautiful,
healthy, baby boy was born.
I'm so thankful for the chance to
be his mom.
He is a wonderful husband,
great dad and
terrific son.
(Glad he's not a teen anymore!)
I love him very much...
Happy Birthday Son!


No comments: