Sunday, November 9, 2008

SEW - What?

Do you make your kids clothes to wear?
My mom made me this cute dress
and matching reversable scarf!
WOW!
I loved it...
I remember wearing it a lot.
And I mean A LOT!!!


So this is a picture of Sara
in a dress I made for her.
She picked out the fabric and pattern.
She also chose the special lace collar.
She probably wore this dress
less than ten times. :(
It was hard to make:(
I made matching dresses for
Diane and Sara for Easter one year.
Sadly,
I found that it was just cheaper to buy them dresses
than buy patterns, fabric, notions
and all the time it took me.
Now, I don't even sew.
I think it's becoming a lost art.
Do you sew?

3 comments:

(~: Ali :~) said...

WOW.. thats so cool that you could make dresses. I love to sew and make quilts and I want to learn how to make clothes one day.
P.S. I was wondering if you could give me the recipes to those cookies you made that one day that my dad loves! He's been craving them ever since he had them.

THANKS
Ali Wilcox

heidi said...

LOVE the pic and the clothes. I've made a number of dresses for myself back in the day...I have a pic I'll have to post it had a sweet lace collar too!

heidi said...

I don't have an email address for you. I want to send you an invite for my private blog. Thanks!!