Thursday, September 11, 2008

Don't forget! Roll off.

One of the fun road trips we would take
would be going to the
SNOW!!
It was usually Crestline and sometimes Running Springs.
You know, the local mountains.
This time it was just my younger brother, our parents and me.
we were about 8 and 10.
Of course we didn't have any snow equipment
but that didn't stop us!
We would put bags over our socks and then over our shoes too.
We used socks for gloves with bags too.
We would bundle up in many layers of clothing.
We brought big trash bags to slide on.
My dad (the Utah farm boy) would always remind us
"If you're going to hit something just roll off first!"
Okay, okay, okay dad!
So, at the top of the hill sitting on an old cardboard box,
(We used anything)
Me in the lead and my brother right behind me.
Dad gave us a huge push and we were off!
Heading right for a
TREE!
I could hear him yelling
"DON"T FORGET"
but we were going
SO
fast
"ROLL OFF"
I knew it, could I do it?
SLAM
right into the tree.
And then,
Just like we had been trained,
my brother and I both rolled off to the side.
I sat up and waved, yelling:
"We're OKAY"
Then flopped back down.



No comments: