Saturday, September 6, 2008

ROCK BURGERS, ANYONE?

My mom went to work when I was finishing 8th grade.
My younger brother was in 6th grade.
My two older brothers were in high school
and my sister was at the local Jr. College.
My sister being the oldest, did a lot to help out.
After two years, she left to go to BYU.
That's when I got to cook dinner!
Oh lucky family!!
Returning home from school,
My three brothers would sweep, vacuum, & load the dishwasher.
I would get to make dinner.
Spaghetti, chili-mac, sweet & sour chicken, hamburger stroganoff,
These I could make!
But the blasted hamburgers....
Every time I made them they were so over-cooked.
My brothers dubbed them Rock Burgers
and YES they were well done.
And NO they were NOT very tasty.
I didn't do it on purpose
and
it didn't get me out of cooking dinner...
But every two weeks we would get to eat yummy
ROCK BURGERS.
Are you hungry?

2 comments:

heidi said...

oh this is going to be fun...i can't wait to read more of your stories! cute button btw!

rockkinrobbins said...

Love the story!