Thursday, September 25, 2008

Is that a Santa Ana Wind?

When I think of fall,
I think of the Santa Ana winds blowing.
Growing up in the O. C. I loved it when the warm winds of fall came.
I loved to ride my bike down our gently sloping street.
The warm winds would push us!
NO pedaling, hands high in the air and a happy smile on my face.
You could smell the wind
(And not in a bad way)
I really love summer BEST!
BUT....
oh those warm Santa Ana winds bring the fondest memories.

We rode our bikes everywhere.
We rode to Jack Fisher Park
about 2 miles away.
We also rode to other parks even farther away.
We rode through the Santa Ana river bed.
(Only when it was dry and that was 98% of the time.)
We rode to the mini golf place.
(It also had trampolines, giant slides, arcades and a pickle barrel!)
We rode in gangs of youth.
My two older brothers, my younger brother, and all of our friends.
Usually in groups of 8-12 kids!
Oh! it was so much fun!
Maybe I should get a bike?
Probably NOT!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your post reminded me of my first bike. It was a hand-me-down, blue banana seat bike. Oh, I loved it!

heidi said...

I want to get a bike, and a youth gang too.