Monday, September 15, 2008

Can you walk AND talk?

I am amazed at the fact that I am a waitress.
"So what's the big deal?" you ask.
It's just that I am not known for being graceful.
(not graceful in a dancing way, cha cha)
(graceful in walking and talking at the same time without tripping,
walking into a wall, or just crashing into someone!)
I have many times been described as a klutz.
I could reach out my hand and knock three glasses on the dinner table over.
I repeatedly scratched my husband with my wedding ring.
(and no, it's not that gigantic!)
If there was a crack in the sidewalk,
I would go out of my way
(or so it seems)
to kick it and trip.
Once while I was looking at model homes with my mom
(this is such a fun thing to do!)
I remember that I was in a dress and heels.
(something I'll never forget!)
We were in a two story model.
It was gorgeous, with a sweeping curved stairway
(you know what's coming, right?)
The house was full of people checking everything out.
So just as I got to the top of the stairs...
I turned to look at a picture on the wall.
And then,
as if in slow motion...
I fell!
I rolled down the whole circular stairway
head over heels
dress around my waist
heels flipping off!!!
Everyone was gawking
all eyes on me
I jump up grab my shoes
yell, "mom, we gotta go"
and flew out the door!
Miraculously,
I was uninjured
(Just my pride)
and we laughed hysterically in the car.


3 comments:

heidi said...

too funny!

heidi said...

email me jackmanheidi@gmail.com so I can email you in the morning. i didn't see you on sunday for more than half a second. i have a question for you...

Amy said...

Poor thing. I hate bruised ego's!