Friday, September 5, 2008

Today I saw a Grasshopper!

Today I saw a grasshopper!
It was the big brown kind.
Ugh, I don't like the big brown grasshoppers and this is why...Ready?

I think I was about 10 and I was chasing my brothers out front.
They were driving me crazy ( you know the way brothers can!)
So I ran up the side of the house.
No, I actually ran along the side of the house (I can't run up walls!)
The side yard had a BIG apricot tree.
I' m telling you it was a BIG tree.
I should have been able to miss it, I really should have!
But...
I ran right into a branch. It smacked me SO hard on the forehead.
I fell to the ground and kind of passed out for about 3 minutes.
Ouch, it hurt so bad!!
Lying flat on my back,
thinking maybe I'm dead,
I slowly open my eyes.
There on my nose, right between my eyes,
is a GIANT,
BROWN,
GRASSHOPPER.

Oh, I screamed just like a little girl!
And so what, I was a little girl.
But you better believe me when I say,
" I don't like brown grasshoppers".
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: