Wednesday, September 10, 2008

MY yellow VW is better than your yellow RR

I had a yellow convertible bug.
One night my roommate and I drove to the Balboa Yacht club.
We had an apartment in Costa Mesa (by So. coast plaza)
We were dressed up and looking good!
When we were inside mingling,
this old man ( 60ish) came up to me.
He said, "hi, how would you like to go for a ride with me
in my yellow convertible Rolls Royce?"
Ugh, he was too old for me!
No thanks I say.
"You know who I am? I'm Joey Bishop..."
I'm thinking so what, maybe you'll impress my mom
or grandma but NOT me.
Once again he tries the ride in his yellow convertible Rolls Royce.
He points out the door and there it was.
And I say (in my 20 year old sassiness)
"Well that's my Yellow convertible V.W.,
I think I'll stick with that!"
So my roomie and I go.
And we left Joey Bishop behind.



1 comment:

heidi said...

love it though I'm not entirely sure I know who HE is. But, growing up we too had a dark yellow VW Bug Convertible and it was AWESOME!